Psychometric assessment is valued by over 80% of surveyed business leaders
The Occupational Psychology Group (The OPG) has been carrying out research into the uptake of psychometric assessment as part of our Perspectives on Organisational Effectiveness series. We asked 58 senior executives in HR about their experiences of psychometric assessment. The cohort includes clients but mainly companies who do not work with The OPG. We asked the respondents questions covering if, how and why they used psychometrics.
- 45 out of the 58 responses use psychometric assessment as part of their recruitment process. This means that 79% of respondents recruit either senior or all their staff using psychometric assessment as part of the hiring process
- Over 76% use psychometric assessment at least annually and 25% between 6 and 30 times a year!
- 80% of respondents use psychometric tools as part of their learning & development
- OPQ32r from SHL was the most popular tool for personality online psychometric assessment accounting for 33% of respondents
- 54% engaged with external business psychology experts to administer and deliver psychometric assessment feedback
- 57% work with leadership assessment consultancies to identify capability and leadership issues
- 92% either found the assessments to be very accurate or a useful prediction tool in understanding personality
More details in our forthcoming white paper…
Phil Boyle, Managing Director of Ramsey Hall / The OPG commented, “The clear majority of respondents understand how assessment can compliment their learning & development activities and recruitment/selection process.
It is even more powerful if the consultant delivering the psychometric assessment really understands how to feedback and dig deep into the issues, as they really can add value,” he added.
The white paper will be available in due course. Contact Matthew Davis email@example.com to reserve copy or call him 02380 2136944
The Occupational Psychology Group has been a leading business psychology consultancy since 1991. We provide online assessment for a growing list of clients and offer both bespoke solutions and SHL OPQ32 reports. Our business focused consultants understand business and they understand how people make the difference to performance and capability.