Psychometric Assessment: A Valuable Business Tool - Third Annual OPG Survey
Psychometric Assessment: A Valuable Business Tool – Third Annual OPG Survey
We are delighted to present our third annual psychometric assessment survey. This year we interviewed 113 participants about how they use psychometric assessment as part of their human capital processes. As in previous years the findings show that psychometric assessment is used by the majority of respondents with recruitment & selection as well as learning and development being popular applications.
- Psychometric assessment is used at all levels in organisations and is not limited to leadership assessment
- Assessment is not used widely in strategic applications such as restructuring and succession planning
- When recruiting graduates only a third of respondents use personality assessment and around 64% of organisations use ability tests. This use of ability tests reflects the growing realisation that university grades and the institution attended are not reliable indicators of a candidates potential
- This year we are seeing a growing fragmentation of the psychometric assessment market with less market dominance by a few publishers
- Organisations are using bespoke reports more frequently with automated computerised reports becoming less popular. This may be because they provide less meaningful data than bespoke assessments
- The overwhelming majority of those surveyed value psychometric assessment as being valid and reliable. Only a minority of respondents voice scepticism as to their efficacy
The full report provides a much greater level of detail and more insight around the data gathered, with supporting data tables and analysis.