Do you have some form of competency model which underpins recruitment, selection, learning, development and redeployment?
The Occupational Psychology Group’s consultants work with clients to develop or update competency models. Key to our service offering is our involvement of all client stakeholders in the programme to ensure a robust and long lasting competency solution is implemented. This goes beyond just today’s business requirements and also reflects future organisational aspirations.
Our consultants are fully trained in the use of competency framework design techniques such as focus groups, visionary interviews and critical incident analysis. Our approach is to recognise the need to engage in a jargon free manner in order to achieve the right result.
The benefits of a good competency model cannot be over estimated and include:
- Greater clarity around what is expected of employees in the business
- Communication of the direction and culture of the business
- Competencies against which potential employees can be assessed using competency based interviews and/or psychometric evaluation
- A language for use in personal development
- A framework of behaviours from which to benchmark capability, potential and organisational development needs
Our consultants can also design competency based interviews and competency based interviewing guides to complement a new or updated framework.
For more information about our Competency Framework Design services contact our team.