SHL, Leadership and Managerial Assessment Centres
Assessment centres remain the most accurate and objective way to assess capability and predict future job performance.
This comprehensive method of assessment enables attendees to demonstrate their skills and competencies in a variety of ways. Typical assessment centres involve psychometric testing, interviews, as well as group and individual exercises. They are particularly useful in a recruitment and selection, re-deployment, restructuring or promotion situation.
Results are presented in a bespoke manner to meet client needs and may include overall and individual feedback reports as well as one-on-one feedback consultancy.
A typical assessment centre can include the following:
- Pre-assessment centre psychometrics and/or 360 degree feedback – This helps us design the in-depth interviews needed to gain an understanding of individual competencies
- Simulation exercises such as analysis, in-tray, group working and role plays – These can be bespoke to reflect the clients’ business situation and need to gain a real measure of ability and potential
- Candidate presentations
- Aptitude, attainment and situational judgement tests – This provides an assessment of managerial or situational judgement
- In-depth interviews - To elicit examples of behaviours at work, key achievements to date and personal aspirations
We work in partnership with leading assessment centre material providers including A&DC and SHL Talent Measurement Solutions from CEB; however we can also design a range of bespoke assessments in-house to ensure that a robust, valid and meaningful result is achieved.
The benefits of using Assessment Centres
- Measures ‘real time’ simulations and ability and is commercially focused
- Robust recommendations regarding recruitment and selection, redeployment, restructuring and risk assessment are benchmarked externally where appropriate
- Real ‘observable’ behaviours are assessed – This is likely to give a better picture of potential than self-rating psychometrics alone
As leaders in this area the OPG team can provide you with a completely outsourced service using our own fully qualified assessors or we can work with in-house teams as appropriate. We can also provide certified assessor training where required. Above all, we provide the expertise and guidance that ensures successful outcomes for both clients and participants.